[meteorite-list] Meteor's Appearance Over Wisconsin A Hot Topic

From: Dan Wray <dwray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 6 13:48:07 2005

David,

You are howling into the Wyoming wind. Come in get warm and have a drink.
For the word magnetic the American Heritage Dictionary lists the fourth
definition as "Capable of being magnetized or being attracted by a magnet".
My CRC Handbook of Physics and Chemistry has a table of magnetic materials.
I think you would like the term magnetic susceptibility but it has been
replaced even in the scientific community by the word magnetic. Even
Richard Norton refers to magnetic spheroids in discussing micro-meteorites
in his last book.

As to hundreds found you are right but in general this article was better
than most.

Dan Wray