[meteorite-list] NWA 1827

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 6 21:07:40 2005

Hello Adam,

I was following the thread today regarding Mike's incorrect numbering of
his olivine diogenite (NWA 2629) - I have also corrected my reference to
this stone on my website. Curiously, you also made a reference to NWA
1827 which I must admit has me confused as to your intended meaning. I
have remained interested in this rare 2C meso (still tentative?) since
first reading about the first creation of this subtype by Hewins in
1988, and seeing Dr. Irving's initial description (see my webpage). In
your post to Mike and the list you wrote --

> Also no verbal pairing assignments were made by Dr. Bunch in
> regards to NWA 1827 which was studied by Dr. Irving at the UW not NAU.

Surely you are familiar with the paper published by Bunch, Irving,
Wittke, and Kuehner (see link) which suggests the pairing of NWA 1827
with NWA 1879/1882/1912/1951/1982/3055/other(1645), with a combined
weight of at least 26.4 kg.

<http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2004/pdf/5163.pdf>

I'm sure I must be misunderstanding your statement above, and maybe I
shouldn't even care, but I'm just interested to know if what you were
telling Mike is perhaps some revised info that I also need to know to
keep my webpage accurate... however, not if it's some private
disagreement between you and he that doesn't belong on this list. Thanks
for any additional insight about this rare meso 2C.

Regards,
David Weir "Tuc-soon-bound"