[meteorite-list] ** Franconia strewnfield **

From: Mike / flattoprocks <mikewm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 7 17:13:48 2005

Hi Mike and Pierre, I have hunted the Franconia strewn field many times. I
live 35 miles from the area, I was also one of the first people who knew a
strewn field was even there. I would guess that half of Mikes estimate of
400 kilos would even be high. I can also assure you that it is not an easy
place to find a meteorite. On the other hand it is not all gone either.If
you want a piece for your collection you can go there a find one. I agree
with Mike, it is a nice meteorite.
 Mike you also say the price is about to collapse... Do you see a flood of
material on the market? I do not, I mean give me a break. It is a very new
meteorite, of course there is some available for sale. A year from now there
will be less, just as it should be.
 I for one think an ordinary chondrite from Arizona is more exciting than
another one of the hundreds from some unknown place in Africa.
Mike Miller // E-Bay flattoprocks
Website // www.meteoritefinder.com