[meteorite-list] RE: MAPS

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 8 07:50:13 2005

Hi Christian, Bernd, Walter, and list,

the last magazine that I received was the October 2004 issue,
as well. I did not receive the strange message that Bernd and
Walter obviously have received, but nonetheless one must come
to the conclusion that things seem to be completely out of order
with the sales and subscription department of an otherwise
high class journal. With a delay of magazine delivery lasting a
quarter of a year (...which was even worse a few months ago) I
am a bit hesitant in sending the 2005 subscription fees right at
this moment. I will do as soon as they either catch up with a
nominal timeline or at least make an official statement about
their obvious problems, and the reasons for all that. In the
meantime, from their side, I observe nothing but...silence, and
this is far from making a customer-friendly professional job on
the subscription side of an otherwise highly recommendable journal,
which is the organ of a high class society.

May be one of the people on this list with closer connections to
the editor at the UoA in Tucson can comment on this a bit more...

Alex
Berlin/Germany