[meteorite-list] LANL: Meteor Could Cause Big Tsunami

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 11 12:28:34 2005

En un mensaje con fecha 01/11/2005 10:23:10 AM Mexico Standard Time,
edward_f_moore_at_yahoo.com escribe:

>I dont know how much a 800 meter meteorite weighs, stone or iron,
>but the wave would be higher than 10 feet thats for sure.

>one of the Canary island will slide into the ocean after a volcano blews,
> estimate 1/2 trillion tons of earth will hit, resulting in a wave 2000
feet,
>500 MPH and hitting everyhting from Boston to Miami and at least 15
>miles inland.

Hola Ed, Well all the stone meteorite groups that size would seem to be
right at or under a billion tons for a spherical one - just 20% the mass of a
Canary. I don't know where I'm a gonna go when dee volcano blow, but, I don't
wanna go to no San Dee-iego...on top of a Tsubame or Tsuru (Two popular cars
from a Japanese manufacturer on the road in Mexico...the first translates
pretty much to "get on for a ride")

http://margaritaville.com/discography/volcano.htm
(scroll down to title song second from bottom)

I hear the friendly, awesome Steve Arnold Band will be performing this song
live with backup from the Sistas Meteoritical Ensamble of She-cag? and croaks
from the Strewn Field Boys (I'm auditioning for a spot there) at the new
birthday bash Buffetttttttttt.

Saludos, Doug