[meteorite-list] LANL: Meteor Could Cause Big Tsunami

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 11 22:12:46 2005

>From 1994? And Russian, too? Might as well be the middle ages! <g> Like I
said, I think I'll wait for the simulations to improve. Personally, I would
be no more surprised by 1000m waves than by 10m waves. And I wouldn't make
fun of the work at Los Alamos that led to the smaller value (some of the
best work in modeling impacts is coming out of Los Alamos) or of the
newspapers reporting on the research.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory