[meteorite-list] Fireball Explodes Over India

From: Manoj Pai <manojpai_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 12:28:08 2005

Hello Ron,

Here is one more link on the Khopoli fireball

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1193954,000900040001.htm

While another link says it could be a Sonic Boom.
Check link

http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandorav3/output/News/537b3a0b-6103-423f-846d-8f73e584a032.aspx

I had a telephonic talk with Mr. Jhadav this evening.
He is sure that it could be a meteorite or something
similar. The area is hilly area covered with thick
forest making it difficult to look for the specimen.
The search is still on. If its a confirmed meteorite,
we plan to recover and possibily bring it to the lab
at PRL, Ahmedabad for analysis.

Clear skies

Manoj Pai
General Secetary
Confederation of Indian Amateur Astronomers
http://www.ciaa.net

http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/2005/january/101299.htm

http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/news/features.php?action=fullnews&id=59314