[meteorite-list] Tektit "Muong Nong" and cutting

From: Norman Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 18:25:34 2005

Marcin & list,

I have cut many Muong Nongs with standard lapidary
diamond blades. Surprisingly, the cut surface is
often less revealing than the weathered exterior.
Weathering enhances the delicate flow banding beyond
what you can see on a fresh cut and polished face.

Cheers,
Norm Lehrman (http://TektiteSource.com)