[meteorite-list] Re: talk about a good idea!

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 13:00:13 2005

Bernhard posted

> Are you kidding? You are jumping at this person for selling a campo
> for $5/g
> and accusing her to manipulate her auction?

Dear Listees:

Thank you Bernhard. This is starting to go off-topic, but it is very
important to Leigh Anne, so I must weigh in here.

Leigh Anne DelRay is a charming lady and a fine jewelry designer. She
is well known and well liked by the Denver meteorite community; she
also knows about meteorites and their value. I consider her a friend
and I'm a customer of hers. My girlfriend is the happy owner of one of
Leigh Ann's exquisite Sikhote-Alin necklaces, and Leigh Anne was one of
the top consigners of items at the Denver COMETS auction in September
last year, at which I served as co-auctioneer with Mike Jensen.

I'll be diplomatic and just say that these accusations against her are
a misunderstanding, but it would be nice if the person who started this
mess stepped up and said as much. Designing and selling meteorite
jewelry is Leigh Ann's profession, and she doesn't need to be
associated with this kind of nonsense.

Also, this nitpicky, "Have you seen this stupid eBay auction" stuff is
a huge bore. There are *always* misrepresented or downright fake
meteorites on eBay. I think we've all known that for years.

I'd appreciate it if someone would re-post this to the IMCA list on my
behalf, as I am not a subscriber.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.
www.notkin.net
www.paleozoic.org

CC: Ms. Leigh Ann Delray, DelRay Designs