[meteorite-list] Possible Mars meteorite!

From: Michel Franco <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 15:49:15 2005

Dear list

According to the meteorite definition: a meteorite is an extraterrestrial
object that had survived crossing EARTH atmosphere.

So far the object found on Mars has not survived crossing any Earth
atmosphere, it can't be called a meteorite. But the Met Soc is certainly
the entity entitled to decide what is going to be the new name for this
object.

my 2 cents

Michel FRANCO