[meteorite-list] Opportunity Spots Curious Object On Mars (Meteorite?)

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 16:17:49 2005

Dear Bjorn, List;

Should change the thread to "NASA whispers".

I asked a while back about what was going on on Mars and a spokesman
(from NASA) who I forgot his name, basically noted that things were all
"under study and would be released at the appropriate time".

 My questions addressed the banded iron and stromatolite situation, well
knowing that these are on the top of the target search list. I would
think that meteorites would be just as high on that list, and that there
certainly seems to be the technology to find them, and this is the first
of any notion of a meteorite being suspected....
I think the daily dribble of NASA news is just a passing interest, well
knowing that the "under study and would be released" meat and potatoes
is, well, basically none of our business for the time being.
I am really surprised that the meteorite/curious object thread even
comes out now.....

Sincerely mushroom like,
Dave Freeman
mjwy