[meteorite-list] Meteorite on Mars?

From: Beda Hofmann <beda.hofmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 14 10:08:33 2005

I first thought the boulder near Opportunity's heat shield might be a
meteorite, but now I believe it is material ejected somewhere else
from Mars like Bounce, possibly a sediment from the Meridiani
subsurface. I have produced an anaglyph from Sol 339 pancam raw
images and the weathering sculpturing indicates to me heterogeneities
in this rock, and subtle layering, not typical of meteorites. Perhaps
there are aqueous deposits in this rock... looks intriguing!

Anyone interested in this anaglyph, contact me off list.

Beda Hofmann