[meteorite-list] Read it all: Now really SERIOUS !

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 15 07:43:47 2005

List,

look what Michael "The Picture" Johnson just answered me:

"....all the older pics are gone. With all the junk going on the list two
weeks ago I really didn't think anyone cared or appreciated my efforts. I
stopped posting and at the time decided not to do again."

But there is hope: "However I received several emails from members wanting
it back so decided to give it another shot."

I'm really concerned, sad and angry. How can the list members allow of
loosing this important, inspiring and delightful daily contribution to the
list?

As the collectors tend to submit only their best pictures and often pictures
of rarer localities, wherefrom it's extremely difficult to obtain images
from elsewhere, or common meteorites displaying extraordinary features and
particularities,
"The Picture of The Day" is just the best source for meteorite pictures on
the whole web and aside from the aesthetic gains, it is a highly educational
profit for the beginner as well as for the pro.

I remember well, that many times the Picture of the Day was for me the bone
of contention for interesting discussions with collegues, dealers, fellow
collectors.

I EXPECT each member of the list,
also the silent lurker, the mass advertizer, the buffoon, the beginner, the
toffee-nosed scientist
to POST here on the list his/her PERSONAL THANKS & ENCOURAGEMENT SHOUTS
TO MICHAEL JOHNSON.
Subject line: Thanks Michael!

Send your pictures to Michael.

(and Bernhard: please collect the daily pictures on your new forum for not
being lost again, thanks).

It's really a shame.
Martin