[meteorite-list] Mundrabilla designation question

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 16 07:27:40 2005

Sal? list,

in painting my specimen chits, I ask myself, how to denominate Mundrabilla
correctly.
Old Catalogue has simply "IRANOM", 2000er Grady Catalogue says "IIICD" and
"anomalous",
now with the finer Au-stuff and the subgroups, I read, that Mundrabilla and
Waterville are close to sLL.

Shall I write now IAB-ANOM?

Will the "anomalous" disappear, if the five-of-a-kind-rule for the subgroup
is fullfilled and beside Waterville, three other Mundrabilla-like irons will
habe been found?
Or refers the "anom" to the troilites, silicates or to the smallness of the
taenite crystals (which make etched Mundrabillas to the most beautiful
irons, one can imagine. One of my favourites)?

Thanks!
Martin