[meteorite-list] Mundrabilla designation question

From: John Birdsell <birdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 16 11:47:41 2005

Hello Martin and List. According to Wasson and Kallemeyn (2002)
Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 66, No. 13, pp. 2445?2473.

"The members of the Mundrabilla duo, Waterville (1.63) and Mundrabilla
(1.64), are FeS-rich irons, closely related to each other in structure
and composition. They are within the sLL scatter field on most diagrams,
but plot slightly low on the Ga-, Ge-, and W-Au diagrams. Because of
these discrepancies and their very high FeS contents, we list them as
ungrouped but they could also be designated anomalous members of the sLL
subgroup."

Hope this helps!

-John & Dawn
Arizona Skies Meteorites