[meteorite-list] Today's P.O.D.

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 18 14:21:44 2005

> http://www.geocities.com/spacerocksinc/January18.html

> A big, beautiful Gibeon courtesy of Jim Strope. Looks like
> a Vulcan or Klingon hand-to-hand-combat weapon... -- Rob

To me it immediately looked like a horse's or a pig's skull :-)

Anyway, it is a very interesting piece that also raises questions
about its history -- was it part of a larger mass, did it enter
the Earth's atmosphere as an independent piece, does it have a
distorted Widmanstaetten structure, a heat-affected rim, etc.
(Of course, it would be a sin to cut and etch it!)

Best wishes,

Bernd