[meteorite-list] Re: Magnetization

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 03:43:50 2005

En un mensaje con fecha 01/19/2005 6:28:04 PM Mexico Standard Time,
steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com escribe:

>Thanks to doug
>for setting me right,and no thanks for bob

Hi Steve, Tom P, John B, JKG, DF,

Thanks friends much for the nice comments and humor on this suffering old
horse. Somehow I regret making the meteorefrigerator magnet comment, as I am
imagining hot dog style vendors at the People's Auction not only selling
meteorite coins, but now an assortment of magnetized meteorites:) Pandora's Box
is open. Luckily by heating to a bit above 100 degrees C, they lose their
magnetization quickly. So best to magnetize after etching and drying. These
magnetized meteorites really ought to appeal to the mystic crystal crowd, good
luck John, and for commercial production the trade secret is...to use a well
wound electromagnet:)...Saludos, Doug