[meteorite-list] Hajar al-Aswad/Related

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 11:27:48 2005

Dear List,
  In Asia, serveral temples house meteorites. In
Japan, Niho or Miho and another witnessed fall are
housed in temples that are/were built near the fall
sites. In China, historically meteorites were thought
to be an important sign from the Heavens of events to
come or a "lucky" site for building a Taoist temple
(there is still one reported to be housed in a
temple).
  In the Americas, Potter, Nebraska (found by my Great
Grandfather;my son was buried with a Potter meteorite
and an arrowhead in a bison skin medicine pouch in
1996) was found located next to an Indian campsite on
a hilltop; hilltops often are associated with
`worship` sites. There are several other examples in
the Americas of meteorites being associated with
temples or prehistoric sites and burials.
  I suspect that Mecca was a fall site (but this does
not determine if the `Rock` is the real meteorite) as
well as Jeruselum, because humans were looking for
messages from Heaven. I wouldn`t be surprised if the
site of the pyramids in Egypt was also a fall site
because man was looking for linking this life with
that in the Heavens for the Afterlife. Best Always in
LIFE, Dirk Ross...Tokyo