[meteorite-list] Hajar al-Aswad/Related Archaeology /NWA 267 meteorite coin

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 17:32:19 2005

Dear Martin and List,
   I forgot to mention that the best reference for
meteorites and prehistory/culture is "Cosmic Debris".
   I received my NWA267 Liberian meteorite coin last
week. What a nice coin for meteorite/coin collectors!
 Great job, Mark Bostick!!!!!
   Two known knives from Shang Dynasty burials were
made from iron meteorites (one at the Smithsonian
Institution, USA and the other at the ROM, Canada.
Also, Miura 2004, Yamaguchi University, found Ni/Fe
tools from Yayoi burials in western Japan.
   My preliminary evidence also indicates that some
Chinese coins and Warring States glass beads also
contain meteoritic iron/nickel. Early Chinese
alchemists experimented with many unusual alloys to
gain immortality, and "lucky charms" for the Emperor.
 I have also studied Thai/Lao early iron and bronze
age tools and slags and have found NO evidence of
Ni/Fe. All of my analyses were done with ASEM.
  Best to all, dirk ross...Tokyo