[meteorite-list] collection in a slice - take II

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 18:09:06 2005

This has absolutly nothing to do with the 'collection in a slice' meteorite
- ie NWA 904. i showed these photos to a buddy and it was just a comment he
made so I figured I'd post the pic for y'alls viewing pleasure.

http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=collection5dr.jpg

this rock has been classified as a LL3.7 but check out these zenoliths:
-white arrows point unequilibriated chondritic material that has armoured
chondrules (unfortunatly not visable fomr this angle)
-blue arrows point to a material that is wholey diffrent from the bulk of
the slice, it is EXTREEMLY soft (probably by a few numbers on the mohs
scale) and similar larger inclusions in other slices look like an HED
-green arrows point to what was described as a possible cm2 inclusion fromt
he dealer i got this stuff from - there DO apear to be faint small
chondrules in the inclusion.
-red arrows point to my favorite feature in this stone - again another
unequilibriated chondritic inclusion with a black background and colorfull
chondrules. this stuff reminds me of pics of dhofar 535 that i have seen
-white arrows point to a light colored inclusion that is largely deviod of
chondrules, although a few are visable. I'd say that the stuff is a x6
chonderitic inclusion