[meteorite-list] AD-New Pallasite auctions ending Today

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 24 15:17:13 2005

Hi Mike and List,

I never called this meteorite weathered out garbage. I stated that most has
weathered to shale (W5) although there are a few fragments that are less
weathered. I claimed that weathering caused the rainbow effect in the
olivine and somebody else claimed it was the Schiller effect. I check into
this and found out that oxidation (weathering) is what can cause the
schiller effect so we are both correct. Charging twice the price of Esquel
is ridiculous in my opinion for this pallasite that was found over two years
ago and is just now making it to market.

Mike, do not put words in my mouth that are not true! If you have a
problem, keep it off of the List and I will do the same.

Regards,

Adam