[meteorite-list] Suspected Meteorite Falls in Cambodia

From: Manoj Pai <manojpai_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 26 12:56:46 2005

3 inches is the most likely. Sometimes they are about
6 inches under water, but the stalk, ear and the paddy
are well above the water. (The plants are not entirely
submurged under water.) Maybe these were the ones that
caught fire.

We had a similar fall of the Kendrapara meteorite, in
Orissa in 2003. One of the meteorite fell in a paddy
field and burt just a handful of paddy.

I hope the mud hasn't penetrated deep into the
specimen. I wonder which institute in Combodia is
going to examine the meteorite. Any ideas folks?

Wishes

Manoj