[meteorite-list] Cambodian meteorite/fires

From: Manoj Pai <manojpai_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 13:47:01 2005

Do the Cambodians actually plant land mines in paddy
fields without the knowledge of the rice farmers? If
yes, then how do the farm hand actually plant the
seedlings while trampling all over the place. They
walk backwards when they plant.

I dont know really, maybe the meteorite did hit a
landmine, but certainly not in a rice field or vice
versa.

Will somebody provide a logical answer? Thanx.

Manoj
--- meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com
<mpg444_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> "There is still a couple of other ways a meteorite
can

> cause a fire. If the
> meteorite hits something combustible on the ground
and

> causes it to ignite or
> explode. A gas tank of a car, for example. Or the
> fireball appearance startles
> someone on the ground who knocks over a gas lantern,

> or drops his lit cigarette,
> and a fire then ensues."
>
> A lady I work with suggested (with a grin) that
> maybe it hit a land mine. Talk about a bulls eye
hit!
> I know it is far from probable- but what a
thought.