[meteorite-list] Does this NWA look familiar to anyone?

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 16:30:19 2005

Hello Darren and list,

Yes, you are correct. Do not listen to Adam's, once again, misleading
statements. We all know they are the same meteorite.

I really do not understand Adam's ideal of "official". Neither NWA 787 or
NWA 869 has been published in any meteorite bulliten. And unlike what you
might get from Adam's e-mail, his opinion does not make meteorites official.
  Both of these meteorites have been classified by UCLA and by the same
person. NWA 869 twice....and at least a dozen times by other institutes.
And if Adam would walk the line he has been talking, then any NWA 787 he
sold you, is not NWA 787, because that name would only apply to the one
stone that UCLA classified, which again is not "official".

We all know the same meteorite is the same meteorite. I noticed he didn't
like "provisionally paired", when we all know its the same meteorite.
Perhaps, we should use, "fell at the same time, in the same location and
from the same parent body."

In this case, they are not "officially" (whatever that means) paired, NWA
787 and your "NWA 869" just fell at the same time, in the same location and
from the same parent body.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com