[meteorite-list] Pluto Hit By Twin to Create Moon, Study Suggests

From: Manoj Pai <manojpai_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 28 14:57:23 2005

One question Ron, the Barry Centre of most satellites
are below the surface of its parent planet, like the
barry centre of our satellite - moon is below the
surface of earth. However the same is not true in case
of Charon and Pluto. Here the barry centre is several
meters above the surface of Pluto.

Manoj

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/pluto_formation_050127.html