[meteorite-list] Blue Bits in NWA 1584 Chondrules

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 11:48:06 2005

Bernd and Darren and List,

I too have a wonderful end cut of NWA1584 purchased from Dean a while back.
I believe Dean was the original dealer of this material. From my end cut I
also had a wonderful TS made.

This is a very beautiful and fresh meteorite showing large chondrules and
clasts and many troilite inclusions in a milky white/grey matrix. My end
cut also has a beautiful black and very thin fusion crust with polygonal
contraction cracks.

Alas, my specimen does not have any of the unique bluish inclusions that
either of you have found. Both at 20x and 40x I could not find any hint of
these.

Congratulations!

tett