[meteorite-list] Blue Bits in NWA 1584 Chondrules

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 13:05:24 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:48:07 -0500, "tett" <tett_at_rogers.com> wrote:

>Alas, my specimen does not have any of the unique bluish inclusions that
>either of you have found. Both at 20x and 40x I could not find any hint of
>these.

After doing those scans, I checked to see if any of the other available pieces appeared to have the
blue material, and I found one where the blue was apparent even in the seller's poor photo (and
bought it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6506072276

The blue isn't apparent in any other of the pieces they offer on Ebay or on their web site, but they
COULD be there and just not show up in the photos. (you can see the other slices on NWA 1584 they
have at http://www.rhyniechert.com/meteorites.html -- somebody please buy them before I do, I'm
experencing poor impulse control).