[meteorite-list] Ad - Blood's Auction!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 18:45:58 2005

Dear List,

Just a reminder that we entered several excellent items in the Peoples
Auction (Blood auction) including the following:

We entered 18 Lunar and Martian specimens for those who enjoy collecting
planetary material. The lack of reserves on some of them and the very low
opening prices on several others will guarantee some serious bargains will
be had.

For those who are into beautiful objects, do not forget to check out the
gorgeous 90-gram complete slice of NWA 176 (Lot #16), a rare and anomalous
olivine-rich iron meteorite opening at the lowest publicly offered price
anywhere. This is definitely a museum quality specimen.

For those who like oriented specimens check out the low opening price on
item number 21. This 536 gram oriented and classified specimen would make a
great addition to any collection. It is even better looking up close and in
person.

We entered over 8 witnessed falls including a 7.82 gram fragment from the
most famous of all Park Forest hammer stones, a coveted piece of the Garza
Wrecking Ball stone. This specimen even has some sheet-rock dust clinging
to it. Another dealer has sold out at over $100.00 a gram, check out the
ridiculously low opening price on item number 10!

We entered several other rare types and thin-sections for those interesting
in the science aspect of collecting meteorites, most with no reserves.
Non-planetary slices are Riker mounted with serialized ID cards or original
dealer ID cards. The planetary specimens are encased in membrane boxes with
color ID cards.

With over 137 items thus far entered you will want to check out everybody's
entries as this is the most impressive assemblage of specimens I have seen
at this event. I will be bidding on a few must have items for my collection
and hopefully will be able bring something back. Do not forget to enter
your absentee bids by tomorrow night for those who are unable to attend but
still want a crack at some of these awesome specimens.

Thank you for taking the time to read this rather lengthy entry,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock
IMCA 2185