[meteorite-list] New Shergotite, NWA 2626 (AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 19:13:49 2005

Greetings all,
        As most of you know, I am an old SNC fanatic. While I did
not anticipate it, the main mass of the new shergotite, NWA2626
(TKW:31g) weighing 7.606g is now available for mere money.
Go to:

http://209.238.151.128/aaa.htm

where it can be seen from several angles (along with the whole stone
prior to cutting).
        This is an unpaired meteorite which has generated a good deal of
scientific excitement (see the article link from the above site), and all
but this fusion crusted end piece and two slices of 1.3g and 2.3g
respectively, has gone into institutional holdings and private collections.
        Of all specimens, this is definitely the largest piece - and you can
be sure the remaining two slices still available will sell at the Tucson
Show - probably before most of us get there this coming weekend, which
will make this the only specimen available to the public.
        Any serious collector (or institution or dealer ) is invited to
contact me off list at this email address or via phone at (619) 286-4827.
Any reasonable offer will be seriously considered. Otherwise, look for it
in RM 182 at Inn Suites where it can be had for $15,000 - an excellent
deal for the main mass of any SNC, but especially for a Fusion Crusted
shergotite of this size and beauty.
        This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for some collector or
institution.
           Sincerely, Michael Blood