[meteorite-list] Nebraska Man Says...

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 1 16:56:19 2005

Sterling wrote:

>While most incidents are of a meteorite strike to a single person,
>there are accounts of multiple human hits. In 1949, a shower
>in a remote Mexican village "wounded" 28 people, one of whom
>later died. (And we on the List make a big fuss over one lousy dog...)

Sterling, You can confidently remove this event from your database of
meteorite hits. That never happened, send it to the wacko file - the
disinformation is being propagated by popular researchers who can't read Spanish, didn't
check sources and wanted to write shocking books that sell - and now has come
back to haunt even the Mexican Roswell contingent, too. Your references
didn't do their homework or just wanted badly enough to believe it. Sorry, that
dog still burns brightly as ever...even if she never did...Saludos, Doug