[meteorite-list] Nebraska Man Says He Was Nearly Hit By Meteorite

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 1 22:29:03 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:50:22 +1000, "Jeff Kuyken" <info_at_meteorites.com.au> wrote:

>Could be a fair call Marcin. I have pieces of slag just like it. The other
>thing is that if you watch the video at the link below it does look a bit
>different from other angles and doesn't really appear to be of a stony
>nature. It does look more like slag or iron.

Didn't notice the video link before. Seeing it from different angles and in motion, yeah, it looks
like nothing more than a piece of nothing. (Side note, when I was in middle school, I found
something on the playground that I was convinced was a meteorite. I mailed it off the the
Sithsonian. They sent back the "meteorite" at their own expense with a note exlaining that it was
slag. I wish I could find that letter somewhere, I don't remember if I kept it or not).