[meteorite-list] Deep Impact viewing in HI

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 3 23:13:15 2005

Aloha!
AS of T -2 hours, 45 minutes, there is an annoyingly persistent band of low-
to mid-level clouds plastered across the southern horizon. Considering that
the 11" Celestron on Mauna Kea needed a series of photos to catch a good
look at the comet, I doubt that our little 10" Meade will see much.
Nonetheless, we are taking our little ETX-90 along and going to a
presentation at Maui Community College, which has a live feed from Mauna Kea
and Haleakala. Just in case something breaks, my husband the computer
jockey is prepared to abuse the computers until they listen and give us the
pictures, and the Meade is the fallback position. Will report back if there
is breaking news.

Tracy Latimer