[meteorite-list] 88th Anniversary of Colby Meteorite Fall, 07-07-1917 NPA

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 4 12:31:23 2005

Mark L. noted:

Eighty-eight years ago today, a 104 kg. L6 was observed to fall on a warm,
humid July 4th evening in Colby, WI (celestial fireworks!). When recovered
shortly thereafter, the two main mass pieces were found to be covered with
frost.

Hello Mark and list,

Below is the only newspaper article I have...that I am aware of the Colby
meteorite fall. This short news note wrongly notes the meteorite fall may
have been an airplane bomb. I can't remember if I have posted it before, so
please look past it if I have.

Paper: Stevens Point Daily Journal
City: Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Date: Saturday, July 7, 1917
Page: 2 (of 6)

- Possible the meteor which fell at Colby was a bomb from one of the
kaiser's airplanes.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick