[meteorite-list] The Classification Of Meteorites

From: batkol <batkol_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 4 13:31:06 2005

Al,
thanks for the posts. i'll be ordering Bagnal's book next. i'm also
collecting information on mineralology and earth science to get up to speed
with the rest of the list. i've been wondering, if or more likely when,
we're on the Moon, Mars and beyond, will we find meteorites from earth?
will they be similiar in composition to the meteorites found on earth? how
will the lack of atmosphere--no ablation, etc--affect them? would an iron
meteorite on the moon, if it exists, be essentially the same as terrestial
iron? if these are stupid questions, let me know. i'm new to all this and
freely admit to knowing nothing. hope you all are enjoying the holiday
weekend.
thanks for your time
susan patton