[meteorite-list] New lunar meteorite

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 6 14:46:43 2005

Dear List,

Somebody asked if olivine gabbro and norite are interchangeable terms. The
chart on the Washington University in St. Louis site clearly shows that they
are not in the case of NWA 773. NWA 773 was proven not to be a Norite and I
feel it is fraudulent to sell recent pairings as being Noritic ignoring the
work of the best scientists in world.

We have Fabien saying his material is not paired to any other lunar
meteorite yet there is not a single document stating what his material
really is. It looks to be paired to NWA 773 but I do not use visuals
anymore because they are not an accurate means to determine classifications.
As a matter of fact, he copied data from NWA 773, word-for-word, even the
promotional clause. Calling it a Norite is irresponsible in my opinion. I
would be all over it at $1000.00 a gram, the most recent selling price, if I
was convinced it was a true Norite. My gut feeling tells me that it may be
one of many recent pairings found in Agidir, Morocco that have surfaced
recently.

My last thoughts on the subject,

Adam