[meteorite-list] Hurricane Sale (Advertisement)

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 6 15:33:53 2005

The winds of soon-to-be Hurricane Dennis (the Menace) will hit Jamaica
tomorrow, mon. And they will likely build until they reach a Cat 3 storm
(111-130mph/ 177- 208 kph) this weekend here off the SW coast of Florida. This is the
earliest record, going back to 1851, of four named storms by July 5. Some
years, we don't reach that threshold until late September.

I can take my meteorite collection uphill, but shelters limit personal
items, and left behind will be boxes of unsold and potentially soggy books.

So somewhat light-heartedly, and to get my mind off of the uncertainty, I
invite anyone who hasn't yet purchased my new work to visit:

_www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com_
(http://www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com)

Please do so quickly. The clouds are building.

"Three thumbs way, way up" - Bob Haag, "The Meteorite Man"

"An engaging book....in which meteorites are the vehicle in time." - O
Richard Norton ("Rocks from Space" and "The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites").

"....an enthralling journey into the inner workings of meteorite
collecting......Kichinka pulls no punches......what makes this book such an enjoyable
read is that it is about us. It's our thing, and our stories grace the pages."
- Martin Horejsi (review in Meteorite, May, 2005)

Because so many have inquired about purchasing second copies as a keepsake
collectable, I am offering anyone WHO HAS ALREADY PURCHASED A BOOK (I know who
you are) FREE SHIPPING ($3.85 value) if they would like to pick up another
for yourself or as a gift.

First-time buyers of TWO copies may pay shipping for only one copy.

All this can be accomplished by visiting Paypal on my website, bypassing the
obvious and instead clicking on "Send Money" and filling out the form.

I am still signing and numbering and the next out will be #330 of 500.

This offer is good until the storm passes and the sun comes out again.
(Follow Hurricane Dennis at _www.nbc-2.com_ (http://www.nbc-2.com) ). And don't
worry about your book being delivered- "Neither rain or snow, nor gloom of
night" will stay this courier.

The sad thing is that if the storm luckily bypasses my area, that only means
that someone else will surely feel it's wrath. One Hupe Bro is barely safer
in Lakeland, Dave Weir can cast a wary eye from Orlando, but Greg Shanos is
at water's edge on Longboat Key. I wish them all God speed.

And I thank you for your continuing support of this project.

Kevin Kichinka