[meteorite-list] OT - Major Terrorist Attack on London...

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 7 10:24:06 2005

Hi Manoj,

Yes it's pretty bad, at least 50 deaths and many hundreds injured, the entire London cell phone network went down, There are still people being rescued from the underground rail tunnels. I knew it was serious when they initially said it was a 'power surge' (this explanation is automatically used by emergency planning when there is a suspected terrorist attack, to avoid mass panic).

One saving grace I suppose is at least London is well prepared for this sort of thing, and has previous experience of terrorist IRA bombings during the 1980's, so hopefully things should return to normal fairly soon.

Just glad I didn't take a day trip to London today, I had thought about it!!

Best Regards,
Mark Ford