[meteorite-list]OT: Interesting page

From: moni waiblinger-seabridge <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 12 16:11:58 2005

Hi List,

too bad it is a view of an oak leave instead of a meteorite!!

Sternengruss, Moni

PS. Sternengruss is not my last name, it means greetings from the stars. :-)

Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida has
  put up a very interesting page on its site. It
  begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from
  a distance of 10 million light years and then Zooms
  in towards Earth in powers of ten. 10 million, to
  one million, to 100,000 light years and then it
  finally reaches a large Oak tree. Once you click on the site, the
software does all
  the work. Sit back and imagine how complex our
  universe is! You can play it forward and backward to
  be amazed over and over. At the end it says
  AUTO....click on that and review the process in
  reverse!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.