[meteorite-list] (ad) huckitta trade

From: ROCKS ON FIRE <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 14 23:07:49 2005

Hi, Steve and list,

just to clear up one point:

>huckitta with alot of crust

After millions of years exposed to the harsh earthen environment and the meteorite's transformation into hematite or meteorite shale there is absolutely no fusion crust left on this remarkable meteorite.

Or was it meant to read

huckitta with a lot of 'rust'?

That would be more appropriate, as the shale is actually rust.

Or is this a new fall we do not know about???

Best regards from DOWN-UNDER,

Norbert & Heike Kammel
    ROCKS ON FIRE
       IMCA #3420