[meteorite-list] Moldavite

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 17 14:08:09 2005

Dear Norm and all,
        While I am extremely dissappointed to hear this, I was
warned by my Czechoslovakian supplier that fake Moldivite
was now in production - about 2 years ago, which is about
the time I stopped carrying it. The price had escalated due
to, according to my source, again, the drying up of centuries
old fields and the building over of others.
        This fake material is a distressing situation and will,
combined with the sharp decline in new material, in
the long run, make the "old" material all that more valuable.
However, the counterfeit material will, in
the short run, bring all material into question.
        Most disheartening.
        Best wishes, Michael
PS: BTW, I have a large collection from the 60s and 70s
someone wants to sell - and while they are "good" they
are not the spectacular Becednice type "hedgehogs" that
are so spectacular. If anyone is interested, they should
contact me off list.

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen