[meteorite-list] meteor-wrong (most likely)

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 18 06:14:27 2005

> Hi John and List,
>
> I would not buy into this fraud either. Never owned a piece and never
will.
> I try to collect only real meteorites. To me, this stuff is slag with
> olivine and nickel thrown in to try and fool the meteorite collecting
> community. Luckily, we have scientist to discredit this type of material
or
> people would still be paying $25.00 a gram for something worth less than a
> penny a gram. Why reward fraud?
> Take Care,
> Adam

Hmm Adam, but what about Your Park Forest impactites from someone house ?
I was alvays really astonished that serious dealer can offer such things and
sone other ppl can buy them.
This is maybe the same type of non-meteorite material, but for sure
Shirokovsky is cheaper and more beautifull than fragment of glass or wood
table from someone house. I not see a sense in buying that kind of
materials, but as we know ppl collect sometimes strange things.
What about selling one square inch of Peekskill car body for 50$ ? Sounds
for me as good bussines.(joke)

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195