[meteorite-list] meteor-wrong (most likely)

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 18 07:33:11 2005

Hi Marcin and List,

The Park Forest splash forms were never sold because they were never tied to
the March 26th event even though they were found at two impact sites.
Interestingly, other List members located some of the same forms weeks
later. Colby Navoro, a very religious person whose house was penetrated also
witnessed the collection of these splash forms in her house. Their oxygen
isotopes plot with the CI parent body not the L body. A paper is still
under way on these strange forms at Carnegie in Washington D.C. The Garza
impact kits have everything to do with a witnessed fall and even include a
fragment from the fall.

Shirokovsky on the other hand is a man-made object once being fraudulently
passed off as a meteorite. Do you remember the fake scientific paper that
was being distributed with it at the Tucson show where this stuff was first
unleashed on an unsuspecting audience? The etch clearly shows that somebody
ground up metallic material (possibly a nickel-bearing engine block), dumped
in olivine crystals, mixed up the two and then heated it to the eutectic
stage. This would explain how the olivine and metal mixture kept a somewhat
heterogeneous appearance.

Apparently a lot of collectors could care less about Shirokovsky being a
fake that was created to generate a profit and enjoy the man made material.
I was expressing my belief that it could be created for about 10 cents a
pound. To each his own but I would never knowingly support this kind of
fraud.

Take Care,

Adam