[meteorite-list] Opinion needed

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 21 16:11:15 2005

Walter,
I know who it is that you're dealing with and I've never had a problem with
them. However, if you paid for the specimen with a check you should expect
your refund to be returned the same way.

I suggest you decide that you're 101% sure that you'll never give out your
bank account number under circumstances like this. The entity, Western Bid,
is either a front man or a middleman service here in the states and they
might not be set-up to issue a check. See if you can find another way to
solve the problem - maybe a credit or some different merchandise.

While we're on this subject, I have another suggestion about bank
transfers. Open an account at you bank and keep a minimum balance in
it. When you need to send a wire transfer, use that account after
transferring in money from your primary account. After receiving wire
transfers with this account, use your online banking feature to transfer
the money to your primary account.

This same wisdom can be used with credit cards as well. Open a new card
with a limit of $500 or so and use it for your online and telephone
purchases. It does restrict the amount you can spend on one purchase but it
will also prevent you from getting ripped off for more than the limit of $55.

Best,
JKGwilliam