[meteorite-list] What classification Hodges? Subtitle: What the heck is a "Sulfide Meteorite"?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 23 00:33:47 2005

A current article available on Google News mentions the Hodges meteorite,

http://www.dailyhome.com/news/2005/dh-talladegacounty-0723-gcarpenter-5g22v4555.htm

which made me curious to look up the classification for Hodges. I haven't been able to find
anything yet (via Google) other than that it is a chondrite (and obviously would be a W0). Has it
been classified?

Also, in every description I find, Hodges is called a "sulfide meteorite", but on Googling that
term, I can't seem to find any uses of that term that AREN'T talking about the Hodges meteorite.
Any idea how that term creeped in?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sulfide+meteorite%22&imgsz=xxlarge&svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&tab=nw&ie=UTF-8&sa=N