[meteorite-list] way OT,windows XP help?

From: kenoneill_at_kenoneill.com <kenoneill_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 29 08:18:47 2005

Hi Tom & List

Windows XP has a system restore feature. You can find it by clicking
Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.
By Using this feature you can go back to a time when your system was stable.
So if you know it was ok a week ago, restore to then. Data shouldn't be
effected but if you installed a program after that date it will almost
certainly have to be reinstalled.
Before you install any software or make any configuration changes you should
use the system restore feature to set a point that you can restore to if the
configuration changes make your system unstable.
As viruses and spyware can also cause instability, check your antivirus
patterns and anti spyware software are up to date and scan regularly, also
have a firewall, if you only have the xp firewall make sure its on. Use the
windows update to check for any critical windows updates and install them.

Regards
Ken