[meteorite-list] Tom's NWA 2905 and NWA 2906

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 29 15:04:07 2005

Hello Bernd and List, I am very happy with these two stones and am looking
forward to getting the official info back on them. There was questions
about NWA 2906 being paired with NWA 869 and like Bernd said, I asked Ted
Bunch and with his permission, I am quoting his answer;

"I have over 50 reference slices of 869 - we are doing a research project on
this stone. In addition, I helped T. Boswell sort out odd balls from 400 kg
869. I have seen a lot of 869 and it does have many variations. Your stone
is not 869."

To me, if Ted says so, it is good enough for me! : )

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><