[meteorite-list] Astronomers at Palomar Observatory Discover a 10th Planet Beyond Pluto

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 29 18:23:09 2005

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~mbrown/planetlila/index.html

Astronomers at Palomar Observatory Discover a 10th Planet Beyond Pluto
Mike Brown, Caltech
July 29, 2005

The planet, with the current temporary name 2003 UB313, was
discovered in an ongoing survey at Palomar Observatory's Samuel
Oschin telescope by astronomers Mike Brown (Caltech), Chad
Trujillo (Gemini Observatory), and David Rabinowitz
(Yale University). We have proposed a name to the IAU and
will announce it when that name is accepted.

It is bigger than Pluto!!!

Usually when we find these we don't know their size for certain,
only lower limits. The lower limit to this object is the size of
Pluto. This object is at least the size of Pluto and likely a bit
larger.

Check back for more information as we post it over the weekend.

Note that this object is NOT 2003EL61, announced yesterday by Jose
Ortiz.