[meteorite-list] Naming planets, minor and otherwise

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 31 14:36:41 2005

Very few of the Polynesian gods and goddesses are suitable for naming
planets perpetually in the Kuiper Belt deep freeze; if we were still
looking for planets inside Mercury (Trans Vulcan) we'd be in good shape.
The only one that really seems appropriate is Poliahu, the goddess who rules
the snow and ice atop Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. With global warming her role
is shrinking; maybe she's a good choice for a minor planet!

Tracy Latimer