[meteorite-list] NPA 07-26-1947 20 years ago...Wylie may secure Tilden Meteorite

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 1 16:44:04 2005

Paper: Iowa City Press-Citizen
City: Iowa City, Iowa
Date: Saturday, July 26, 1947
Page: 4 (of 10)

Under "20 Years Ago Today In Iowa City"

     Prof. Charles C. Wylie, of the university faculty, may secure a "chunk"
of the meteor that recently fell near Sparta, Ill. Having previously traced
the course of another meteor that plunged earthward in Illinois, the S.U.I.
savant has been invited to Sparta to study the situation. There are three
huge fragments, weighing from nine pounds to 20 and 49, respectively,
available for the research work.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.