[meteorite-list] thanks/a question about apollo material

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 2 21:02:46 2005

Steve Arnold (Elgin, IL) wrote:
>OWNING apollo material.Why can we not own any of this material?

Steve,Let me provide you with a brief review of a book. Robert Haag was
quoted as remarking "Three Thumbs, Way Way, Up !" I also recommend the book to
you. Let me include a couple of quotes:

"As unlikely as it may seem to the beginner, like people addicted to drugs,
liquor or gambling, some collectors and dealers suffer a compulsion to obtain
their "vice", in this case, certain meteorites, regardless of the cost in
money and reputation."..."Two months later I returned from a trip to Mexico.
Passing through Miami customs, I was pulled out of line and taken to a small
room. Twelve armed customs agents waited, half of them staring at their
computers, the others, gazing upon me in a practiced, menacing demeanor. 'Got any
rocks?' "
from: "The Art of Collecting Meteorites" (2004) by Kevin Kichinka
PS, for further info, contact Tony Coriasso or John Marta at John's Estate
Sales, 2437 Bay Area Blvd., Suite 455, Houston, TX 77058.
Saludos, Doug